Paprika Chicken & Walnut Wraps
3 chicken breast fillets (600g)
1 tbsp mustard powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup walnut halves, chopped finely
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 finely chopped basil leaves
salt & pepper
6 wholemeal Lebanese breads
60g baby rocket leaves
- Combine chicken, mustard, paprika and oil. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and cook chicken until brown on both sides and cooked through. Set aside for 20mins to cool.
- Combine shredded chicken, walnuts, mayonnaise and basil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture onto bread. Top with rocket leaves and roll up to enclose filling.
Isn't it funny when you write out a recipe you see the steps or ingredients that you changed.
This is what I did...
- I used chicken thighs instead of breasts
- I marinated the chicken overnight
- I used the parsley which is in my garden instead of the basil which I would have had to buy.
- I made flour tortillas instead of the Lebanese bread. We also had the leftover on some Turkish bread I had in the bread basket
Definitely file this one to take on your next picnic.